Every Friday evening during the Open (Feb 23-Mar 27), we hope to find you partying it up CrossFit-style at CFHW’s Friday Night Lights celebrations. 🎉🍸🎊🍺🎉🍻🎊🍷🎉
For each of these 5 weeks, we’ll be canceling the 6 & 7pm classes and replacing them with heats of whatever the Open WOD happens to be. Here’s how it’ll work:
- CrossFit HQ will release the workout each week on Thursday night.
- As soon as we know what the workout is, we’ll figure out how much time we’ll need to allot for each heat and add heat times to MindBody. You will then sign up for your time via MindBody, the same way you’d normally register for a class.
- On Friday night, you’ll want to arrive at the gym prior to your scheduled time so that you are warmed up and ready to go when your time arrives. CFHW will usually have a suggested warm-up on the board for you to follow to get you ready.
- After you finish your workout, hang out to eat, drink, be merry, and cheer on your fellow CFHW athletes! 🙂
If you’re unable to make it to Friday Night Lights for some reason, we’ll also be offering opportunities to do the workout on Saturdays and Sundays. The 1pm Saturday class and the 11am and noon classes on Sundays will be replaced with the Open workout make-up sessions.
When you complete the workout, you’ll need to enter your score into your profile on the CrossFit Games website. (If you haven’t yet registered and created a profile for yourself, go here to do it! http://games.crossfit.com) You have until the following Monday to get your score in.
That’s the basics, but there’s a bit more to it this year cuz this year, we’re having THEME nights and an Instagram contest!
Who says costumes are only for Halloween??? We firmly believe Open Season should offer just as much costume opportunity. 🙂 That’s why each week, we’ll be celebrating with a different theme for your dress-up pleasure. We’ve tried to select themes that should be relatively easy to participate in, and also won’t hinder your workout performance!
Show your spirit by dressing as follows:
- WEEK 1 (Feb 24): 80’s aerobics
Let’s face it. This was really a highlight in human fashion choices. Let’s bring it back, if only for one night. It deserves a second chance to shine.
- WEEK 2 (Mar 3): Superhero
Cuz you’ll feel like a superhero crushing those Open workouts – might as well look the part.
- WEEK 3 (Mar 10): Your favorite sport’s team
Which sports team gets you all fired up? Show your loyalty by sporting their colors and/or jersey.
- WEEK 4 (Mar 17): St. Paddy’s Day
Show your love of the Irish in your best green and shamrock!
- WEEK 5 (Mar 24): Team CFHW
Black & yellow, black & yellow, black & yellow, black & yellow! Time to deck yourself out in CFHW gear from head to toe to celebrate the final week of the Open.
Start thinking now about your costumes!
Each week during the open, we’ll also be offering the chance to win $30 off your next month’s membership and a 15%-off voucher for the CFHW pro-shop. To enter, all you have to do is:
- Snap a photo during Friday Night Lights.
- Post it to Instragram and tag @crossfithollywood AND hashtag #CFHWFNL1 or #CFHWFNL2 or … (depending on which week it is)
- You can post as many photos as you want – each photo posted and tagged correctly will get you an entry into the prize drawing.
The following Friday Night Lights, we’ll draw the winner out of a hat from the valid entries.